Our client is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor who will be responsible to ensure maximum operational potential is realized for plant operations. He/she will manage the day to day operation of the maintenance department fostering a reliability-centered mindset of asset preservation, loss elimination and up time optimization. This position requires hands-on interaction and will be expected to perform various maintenance and repair work that will include skills within the following areas: mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, carpentry, plumbing, and other skill trades required to support the achievement of the facilities’ business goals and objectives.
- First-line supervision of the maintenance staff.
- Establish methods, controls and standards for the execution of maintenance work.
- Plan, execute, and continuously enhance preventative maintenance programs and maintain a parts inventory.
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
- Actively participate and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Qualifications& Requirements
- Post-secondary education in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance preferred.
- 5+ years of automotive related experience required with a minimum of 5 years at a supervisory level.
- Solid knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Strong technical knowledge of manufacturing environment and production equipment (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic)
- Knowledge and ability to work on 110v up to and including 600v system and equipment.
- PLC/Robotics experience would be considered an asset.
- Well-developed problem solving skills with the ability to find solutions and incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and logically (both orally and in writing) with a solid command of the English language (read, write, and speak) with respect to understanding and following all verbal and written instructions and completing required paperwork accurately.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid operation certificate, where operation of equipment requires certification. Training will be provided.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Pay Rate Between 60K to 70K per year
- Salary: Negotiable based on experience
- Interested candidates reply to this job posting with a resume
Our client in the Brampton area is looking for a licenced Millwright to become a permanent member of their growing team.
- Performing preventative maintenance on all production and auxiliary plant equipment as well as hands-on mechanical troubleshooting
- Understand, support and comply with all safety and quality policies
- Optimize equipment safety, , and reliability including the support of preventative maintenance initiatives
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisors and Management
- Optimize equipment safety, food safety, and reliability including the support of preventative maintenance initiatives
- Assist in maintaining complete and accurate records associated with the technical and preventative aspects of this position.
- Qualifications& Requirements
- Industrial Millwright license is required
- Industrial Electrician license is an asset
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- Previous experience within the automotive industry
- Previous experience with welding and machining
- Strong hands-on mechanical aptitude with thorough experience working with hydraulics, pneumatics, fixtures, etc.
- Able to take direction, both verbal and written, and communicate effectively
- Pay Rate between $28 to $34
- Negotiable based on experience.